Hazardous Material Abatement
Keeping Buildings and Demolition Sites Safe
Demolition often encounters hazardous material like asbestos, mould, lead, mercury, and PCBs that constitute both a physical hazard and an occupational health and safety concern. It is essential and legally required that these materials be safely removed and disposed of. Priestly Demolition Inc (PDI) specializes in the safe and efficient management of hazardous materials with dedicated mobile facilities, specialized equipment, trained professionals, risk assessment, comprehensive abatement management plan to ensure effective removal. PDI utilizes innovative green procedures that also meet LEED certification requirements.
Safe and Effective Hazardous Waste Disposal Services
Priestly Demolition has experience implementing hazardous waste disposal procedures for implementation and operation. In coordination with treatment facilities, our program provides safe and efficient transportation, prompt acceptance of waste and management, and the highest possible level of recycling, reuse, and treatment. Our hazardous waste disposal services can include:
- Purchasing, delivering, and providing all supplies required for startup and ongoing operations, including drums, absorbents, labels, sorting tables, unloading carts, and safety equipment.
- Assistance with labpacking waste at the collection site or in client facilities as needed.
- Providing training to client employees on topics such as Hazardous Waste Disposal hazards, waste sorting, packaging, health and safety, laboratory packing protocols, as well as any documentation requirements.
- The collection of waste from any facilities for recycling, treatment, and disposal on a scheduled basis. Drums and absorbents can be ordered together.
We provide demolition dust control services as part of our environmental services. As we conceptualize your project, it’s one of our top priorities. A lack of dust control has severe consequences for the environment as well as human health.
The process of demolition doesn’t have to be expensive. You can salvage equipment and materials for reuse after demolition. Salvage reusable materials like doors, electrical fittings, and bricks to recover some costs. This is all part of the process to ensure the safe and environmentally-friendly disposal of hazardous waste. It’s a smooth process thanks to our environmental services. With our hazardous waste disposal service procedures, you should be able to cover some of the overall costs.
OUR HAZOURDOUS MATERIAL ABATEMENT SERVICES INCLUDE
- Sampling potentially hazardous materials and arranging for testing
- Inspecting, removing, and disposing of asbestos
- Lead abatement
- Mould removal and cleanup
- The management of PCB removal and destruction
- The management and disposal of fluorescent lamp bulbs
- The management and disposal of liquid wastes (residual fuels, process chemicals, etc.)
PDI guarantees that the removal of hazardous materials is completed in accordance with all federal and provincial occupational health and safety regulations. We also guarantee that the disposal of this material is done in accordance with environmental regulations.